Primary Purpose: The admissions director is responsible for developing and coordinating the admissions program for the Middle/High School (MS/HS).
- Assist in the development and coordination of the admissions program for the MS/HS.
- Receives applications for admission.
- Set up orientations, interviews, and testing for admission candidates.
- Organize admissions committees for selection of candidates and send decisions in a timely manner.
- Counsel parents of candidates who have been refused admission.
- Assist new students with their adjustment to Hawaii Baptist Academy (HBA) by conducting a visitation day prior to the start of the school year.
- Work with the Bento campus elementary principal on promotion of the 6th grade students.
- Assist principals in working with the HBA senior administration (President) regarding total HBA enrollment and the budget.
- Assist principals in overseeing financial aid volunteer program for MS/HS.
- Represent the MS/HS on the financial aid committee.
- Work with the communications/public relations department to assist in developing advertisements, brochures, videos, and exhibits for promotion of HBA, its academic and Christian environment.
- Represents HBA, as directed by the principals, at monthly Hawaii Association of Independent Schools Admissions Directors’ meetings and at school fairs and other schools’ visitation programs.
- Supervise the MS/HS admissions secretary.
- Attend regularly scheduled and special meetings.
- Ensure that the admissions guidelines/policies are followed.
- Spiritual: Must have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of his/her life and demonstrate a living relationship with Jesus Christ as described in “The Baptist Faith and Message”, the tenets of the Southern Baptist denomination. Active member of a local Southern Baptist church, affiliated with the Hawaii Baptist Convention preferred.
- Skills/Knowledge: Education background with classroom teaching experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and knowledge of school programs and policies. Ability to work with a variety of people; team player.
- Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited university or college. Education major and Master's degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum three years classroom teaching experience. Public Relations and Administrative experience a plus.